Saturday, August 11, 2018

The Power Of Choice

                             
                              The Power Of Choice

Do you believe in destiny? If yes, then what about your choice and decision? Which do you prefer to believe? Your destiny or your choice? How could we know if we have correct choice?

We are in a place with lots of possibilities that change the direction of our lives using the most powerful tool we have. It opens a different doors with different outcomes and we are the one who is responsible for opening the doors with the key that we called choice.

Choice has something to do with our decision. Decisions define destiny because life is not a matter of chance but a matter of choice. In our lives, we are encountering different scenarios with lots of choices. It is hard to choose especially if your future depends on it. But whatever happens, we ended up on making our own decision. Sometimes, we fail and sometimes we are proud. What you decide is your choice and what you choose is your destination.

Let me tell you a story about making a choice. When I was seven years old, I want to be a teacher but when I reached  the age of ten, I realized that I wanted to become a chef. Then after graduating elementary, I wanted to become a flight attendant then, all of a sudden, I became an ABM student who wants to be a certified public accountant even I do not have any interest in accounting. After filling out the form given to me, I found myself asking, “Why I wrote ABM as my chosen track? Why not Tourism since I really want it?”. What I am trying to explain is, we can only choose one. And that one will define what will you be in the future. What if I choose to have Education as a course? Will I experience the same level of difficulties? If I choose to be a Tourism student, will I experience the real happiness that I really want? And the answer is, “I will never know”. Because this is what I have chosen and there is no way I can go back in the past. All I can do is, try all of my options  and  move to the future to choose the best life that I can have.

Every happenings in our lives are our decisions and choices. Waking up early in the morning, what kind of food will you eat and even the dress you were wearing. It is all your choice. We should not believe the saying, “If it is meant to be, it will happen.”. What is the purpose of believing those words? There is nothing meant for us if we do not act. I would rather believe “If it is meant to be, it is up to me” because what are you now is not because of destiny. It is because of choosing the life that you think is the best for you and for everybody.

     Yes, destiny does exist but I must say, choice has the power to change it. In every decisions, there are different destinies. In every choices, there is a different stories. It is up to us to choose and we have an option if we are going to use the power of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment